Penn Payment Plan
|Spring 2018 Penn Payment Plan is closed.|
|Students: login to the Penn.Pay site|
|Parents/Other Payers: Once you receive your invitation from your student, login to set up your new account.|
|Getting started Guide/FAQ's|
|Penn Payment Plan Worksheet|
Frequently Asked Questions
The Penn Payment Plan is an interest-free plan offered to families who wish to spread out their educational expenses over four months per semester. The plan is available for the Fall and Spring semester only. Participation is voluntary. A student can only have one payment plan per semester. The Penn Payment Plan is set up to pay the remaining balance due on the students account after charges and any expected credits from scholarships, Penn grant, loans or other resources are applied to the student account.
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|July 5th||December 5th|
|August 5th||January 5th|
|September 5th||February 5th|
|October 5th||March 5th|
- A $45.00 payment plan enrollment fee is due when you sign up each semester (Fall and Spring Only)
- $30 fee for returned checks
- 2.75% convenience fee using credit card payments
- Assessed by the vendor for each monthly transaction
- Log in to Penn.Pay , click on “Payment Plans” tab located at the top of the home page or under your Student Account Summary to begin enrollment
- Click “Enroll Now”
- Select the appropriate term, Click “Select” on the plan that you are choosing
- Review the details of the payment plan enrollment information and if Ok, click “Continue”
- Estimate all charges and credits to be included in the payment plan
- Review your payment schedule. If you are not sure this fits your schedule, click “Cancel” otherwise if OK, click “Continue”
- Choose a payment method
- The payment method you choose will be used for all monthly payments
- Review the Payment Plan Agreement. If you agree, click “I Agree” and then click “Continue”
- Review the Terms and Conditions of the Payment Plan and if you agree, click “I agree to the above terms and conditions” and then click “Continue”
- A payment receipt will be displayed for you
The steps to make the change depends on what payment method was used for your original enrollment. Please find your scenario below and follow the instructions. This process must be done prior to your next scheduled installment due date.
Checking to New Checking Account, Credit Card to Checking? (What about savings account)?
You must create a new ACH electronic payment method. Once logged in to TouchNet, select the Payment Methods page under My Account. Click on Add New Payment Method and select Electronic Payment Check Method. Enter all required banking information and enter a name for your new Saved Payment Method, for ex., Tuition Account. This name must be different from your saved payment method used during your original payment plan enrollment. Next, select the Payment Plans page. Under Currently Enrolled Plans select CHANGE and use the drop down to select your new payment method.
*Please note: you cannot switch from a Credit Card to another Credit Card, or Checking to a Credit Card
International families are welcome to participate. University of Pennsylvania is a partner with Flywire (formerly peerTransfer) to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With Flywire, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school.
If you are using Flywire for your payment plan payment method, be sure to include your name, PennID and note this is for the payment plan. Not making reference to the above will delay posting of your payments to the Payment Plan. Payment must be received at least 5 to 7 business days prior to the due date to allow processing and posting to the Payment Plan.